What is the process to get my solar installed?
Here at Yuma Energy we make your solar experience as hassle free and simple as possible, your initial contact will be with one of our experienced solar consultants who has vast experience in electrical engineering and solar installations to ensure that all your questions are answered followed by a full written proposal with all the analytics and information you need to know. As a company we always ensure we are meeting all compliance expectations and legal requirements to make the installation process as smooth as possible for our customers. Once you are happy with our proposal and all your questions are answered we set an installation date and all the back of house paperwork is done by us including (smart meter installation, government rebate, Energex connections & solar analytics app set ups etc) to ensure the process goes smoothly.
How long does the install take?
A typical installation is completed within 1 day, larger installations may take longer but our team advises you the exact timeframe and length of installation beforehand with plenty of notice.
How much is the cost?
The prices can range depending on what system size you require in your home as well as the quality of hardware used in the installation – the most popular system size in QLD and NSW is a 6.6kw system, data shows on average these are homes of 4 people with fair consumption and a system this size can bring in savings immediately by reducing your quarterly bills, also keeping in mind the price you pay in 2020 for a PV system is still heavily subsidised by the Australian Government saving you thousands of dollars on your installation. If you lock it in now you’ll be eligible for the current rebate amount as opposed to waiting as the STC price could drop and significantly reduce the savings from the subsidy you claim.
Approximate cost of good quality solar system installation as of January 2020
|System Size||Number of panels||Cost Range|
|4kW||14||$4,000 – $6,000|
|5kW||17||$4,500 – $8,000|
|6.6kW||22||$5,200 – $9,200|
|7kW||23||$6,500 – $10,000|
|8kW||27||$7,500 – $11,0000|
|10kW||33||$8,000 – $12,000|
What system size would suit my needs?
Every home is different, system design and size ultimately depends on current electricity usage as well as your electricity bill “goals” for eg are you wanting to get a $0 bill or are you wanting to receive credits? Our solar consultants use a special app to uniquely design your system according to your solar needs and roof type/specifications etc. This is all explained and included in your solar proposal.
How long will my solar system last?
Yuma only uses good quality tier 1 panels and equipment, good quality panels can be expected to last upwards of 20-25 Years, we believe it is important to note that a quality installation is required to ensure your system lasts through the years. Investing in quality equipment secures you long term reliability and peace of mind compared to a cheap product that will cost you more in the long run.
What are the financial benefits to solar energy?
- No more power bills
- The first step in becoming truly energy independent
- Long term investment value – return on investment in a matter of years
- Increases property value
- Low maintenance
What are my solar finance options?
We offer finance through a company called “RateSetter”, they offer low-interest green loans with no early termination fee for early payoff.
Be wary of the NO INTEREST finance options as they often inflate the price of the system by upwards of 30% to cover the cost of the interest upfront.
How does solar impact my property value?
While the exact $ value that solar will add to your home is tough to answer, studies have shown that homes with solar do have higher “sale appeal” than homes without solar.
Do I need to switch electricity providers if I get solar?
No, you can remain with your current energy provider once your solar has been installed, we do recommend that our customers do some shopping around to find a provider that fits their needs. Unsure about how to choose? Get in touch and we can help you make an informed decision.
What are the benefits of having my solar installed with Yuma energy?
- Clean Energy Council (CEC) Approved Retailers – Learn more about what this means here: https://www.cleanenergycouncil.org.au/industry/retailers
- We only use in-house installers (No sub-contractors)
- 15-Year Workmanship Warranty – We stand behind every aspect of your installation for your peace of mind.
- Trading Since 2015 – We continue to build our local business based on Customer Satisfaction, not cheap systems, lowest prices and customer complaints.
- Quick Turn Around – Once the grid connection approval has been obtained, we can usually complete your installation within 1-2 weeks.
- Not Just a Man in a Van – we have 3 professional installation gangs and an office team, so you know you’ll always receive great service every step of the way.
What happens during the solar installation process?
The solar installation process can be broken down into 3 simple steps:
- Grid Approvals – Before installation can take place we must apply to your distribution network provider (DNSP) for permission to connect solar to their network, Yuma Energy handles this process entirely and approvals are generally instant for any system under 6.6kw System. Example DNSP’s are Energex and Essential Energy.
- Yuma Energy attends site to complete your installation, We generally like to tell our customers that our install team will be arriving between 7 and 8 am. A standard system under 13.2kw can normally be completed within 8 hours. Our team will keep you updated with install time frames for your peace of mind.
- Meter Change – If your property has an old-style meter it will require replacing to a “Solar Friendly” smart meter, once your solar has been installed we will submit all the required paperwork to have your meter upgraded. Generally speaking, the cost of any meter changes are covered by your energy retailer, if your electricity provider decides to try and charge you to replace a meter kindly advise them that you intend to take your business elsewhere.
Do I need to install solar batteries with my system?
No – A solar system will operate without the need for batteries. Currently, batteries are not a worthwhile investment and we only recommend batteries to our customers if a customer is after “Grid independence” or an “Off-Grid Setup”
Do you offer solar monitoring?
All our inverters come available with a WIFI app for monitoring your system’s production, speak to one of our friendly solar consultants to learn more about our monitoring options.
What brand panels/inverters do you use?
We can supply any equipment currently available within Australia, that said, we do have equipment that we prefer our customers to use:
Inverter Brand: Sungrow
Panel Brand: REC’s and Seraphim’s
Where are you based?
Our head office is based in Ormeau QLD, we provide solar sales and installation services right across QLD and Northern NSW